Looking for bespoke one-2-one video production training?
Benefit from a dedicated training course taught by a professional video director and trainer – delivered in-person or online. Designed for individuals or small teams who want to quickly and successfully learn to plan, shoot, and edit their own video content.
We’ve successfully delivered impactful video training to individuals and teams across Ireland who want to quickly upskill in video production. In fact, it’s now our most in-demand training course – as professionals seek to rapidly improve their video content skills.
The training will bring you (and colleagues if required) from having zero / limited knowledge through to teaching you everything you need to do practically to create short videos. The course contains a wide variety of examples and practical exercises – and you’ll be guided every step of the way in creating your own content.
Some of the main reasons why our training is so popular are:
- It’s a one-to-one dedicated training session with a professional video director and trainer
- Very comprehensive two-day course – builds skills and confidence quickly
- Practical, live production and editing excercises with detailed feedback
- Online delivery available – easily arrange suitable session lengths and dates
Video Training Delivery: In-Person or Online
Our video training course is available in-person or online and is delivered over two days
Most clients prefer in-person delivery at their offices, and we can travel to your location anywhere across Ireland. As part of the training needs assessment, the trainer shall arrange the suitable interior and exterior locations.
The online course follows all the core learning elements set out below. Online courses are also recorded – so you’ll have a version to review at any stage you like. We facilitate shorter sessions for the online delivery version and the course can be divided into a number of sessions – typically four in total.
Video Training Service Outline
Typically our in-house video training course consists of the following elements:
- Training Needs Assessment
- Camera Operation
- Video Production
- Video Content Editing
- Promoting Your Videos Effectively
Training Needs Assessment
We’ll chat through and assess your exact learning requirements and current skills in video production. As part of this short process we’ll discuss :
- Current knowledge and skills,
- Existing content and experience in producing video content
- Existing camera and video editing equipment / future investment
We start off the training session with a comprehensive, practical how-to on the following elements:
- Operating a camera in multiple situations
- Shutter angle and motion
- Composing shots – the Rule of Thirds
- Location ideas
- Sound – best practice in recording quality sound
- Straight recording vs dual audio recording
- Lighting – options and the three point lighting technique
Using Final Cut Pro (or another chosen editing programme), you’ll learn how to become skilled in the following areas:
- Basic editing techniques including three point editing
- Effects – transitions and retiming clips
- Zooming in and repositioning shots
- Shot Stabilisation
Video Content Editing
After learning and practising filming content effectively, you’ll learn how to edit the footage, centering in on telling the story clearly, adding titles and music where appropriate, and publishing the video content online.
We enabled scores of organisations across Ireland to quickly master video content production and editing skills including:
- Southern Assembly
- Kilkenny County Council
- Road Safety Authority of Ireland
- RSM Ireland
- Ireland Wild Escapes
- Enniskillen Castle
“I wish to recommend Patrick Maxwell for his work film production and direction work and also as a tutor. Patrick facilitated a two day course at the Arts Council offices and provided us with an extremely comprehensive overview of the practices and processes involved in film production. We would very much recommend Patrick to those who are hoping to undertake similar training programmes or who are looking to improve the quality of their video based content.”Donal Monaghan, Digital Content Officer, Arts Council of Northern Ireland
Contact us now to find out how we can boost your in-house video skills!Contact Us