As the world’s largest social media platform for professionals, LinkedIn now forms an extremely important part of modern career development and getting hired.
LinkedIn is not just an online CV! It’s become a platform for growing highly valuable professional contacts, showcasing your work, raising your profile and actively searching for career opportunities.
- Nearly 60% of job seekers use LinkedIn to find new job opportunities!
- And last year there was an 88% increase in job hires via LinkedIn
The Octave Digital LinkedIn for Employability training course delivers a practical guide to how you can utilise all the core areas of the platform to develop your career. We’ve successfully delivered the course to senior executives and senior staff having to quickly seek and find new positions following redundancy. And third-level clients, including Central Dublin Education and Training Board.
We are now taking bookings – and courses are available online globally.
LinkedIn for Employability – Course Overview
Importance of Linkedin for Employability
Career Strategy and Linkedin: Building an Inbound and Outbound Plan / Reviewing your career Wishlist.
Linkedin Navigation – Key areas, Setting and Privacy
Building a Great Profile
Featuring quick demonstrations followed by multiple practical exercises
- Building a great Profile – fundamental areas
- Best practice Profile examples
- Profile options – Full functionality of Profiles / Editing your Profile section
- Developing your own personalised professional profile: from Summary to About section, experience, skills and recommendations
- Adding media content in Featured media / Creator Mode
- Open to Work function and settings
Linkedin Search: For Career and Job Opportunities
- Overview of Linkedin Search
- Performing advanced searches for key people, companies and recruiters
- Search exercises
Building Connections on LinkedIn
- Guide to how to connect and who to connect with
- Utilising Connections
Linkedin Jobs / Applying for Jobs:
- Reviewing Linkedin Jobs
- Searching for a Job –save a search, alerts and filters + Exercise
- Reviewing the detail on a Job / saving a job and Job Alerts
- Building a CV / Adding to Linkedin
- Applying for jobs
- Researching and Contacting HR / Recruitment contacts
LinkedIn for Employability training is delivered by Paul McGarrity. Paul is a highly experienced Linkedin Trainer and Linkedin Marketing professional helping businesses and organisation quickly build knowledge, practical skills and capability.
He has over a decade of experience in training senior leaders and teams in utilising Linkedin for business, having successfully trained over 80 client organisations. Paul also delivers highly impactful Linkedin services for clients including advertising and recruitment campaigns.
Recent experience and results include:
· Linkedin Fundamentals training for Senior Management Team in Irish Education sector
· Linkedin Employability Skills training for International graduate web developers
· Linkedin Ads training to enable financial services company to manage Linkedin Ads inhouse
· Set and Management of international Linkedin Ads campaigns to support regional investment program gain awareness and leads
Paul is also an experienced and successful speaker on social media and has served as the Chair and key presenter of Social Media Belfast since 2014